San Francisco is seven square miles of fog-shrouded magic. Travelers come for cable-car rides and the Golden Gate Bridge and stay for edgy neighborhoods, cultural range, and beautiful open-air spaces. Set beside the ocean, with rolling hills and the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco is one of the most lovely cities in the United States and the gem of Northern California. The city is full of history, great neighborhoods, parks, beaches, museums, and a whole host of entertaining options and things to do.
Some of the most famed attractions are Alcatraz Island and Fisherman’s Wharf, but the tourism opportunities here are vast. San Francisco’s Chinatown is the largest of its kind in North America and worth visiting. For an exciting experience, hop on one of the historic cable cars and tour the city.
Golden Gate Bridge
The Golden Gate Bridge is a California icon adorning San Francisco Bay. It is the most photographed site in the city, with the orange structure backed by blue water, or in many cases, peaking through low-lying clouds. At night, the flood-lit structure is equally stunning.
Linking San Francisco with Marin County and other districts further north, the Golden Gate Bridge was, at one time, designated the greatest man-made sight in the United States by the U.S. Travel Service. Opened on May 28th, 1937, the bridge was completed in four years and at the time of its accomplishment, was the longest suspension bridge in the world, measuring approximately two miles in length.
San Francisco’s Chinatown
San Francisco’s Chinatown, one of North America’s oldest and biggest, has long been one of the city’s top charms. The best part of this bustling neighborhood that dates back to the California Gold Rush includes shops, dim sum restaurants, temples, and markets.
Golden Gate Park
412 hectares of San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park are home to museums, picnic sites, lakes, golf, hiking and biking paths, concerts, and more. From the charm-laden east end to the crazier west side where bison roam, the park offers lots of ways to relax, get a culture fix, exercise, or gather with friends.
Requirement for Renting a car
During the time of rental, the renter, authorized driver, or additional driver may be subject to an electronic DMV check from the state that issued the driver’s license or may be required to sign a statement certifying to specific criteria:
- The renter driver has a valid license that is not currently banned, expired, revoked, canceled, or surrendered.
- The renter driver has not, within the last 36 months, had 1 or more sentences for careless driving.
- The renter driver has not, within the last 48 months, had 1 or more sentences for driving under the influence, driving while drunk, or driving while alcohol-impaired.
- The renter driver has not, within the last 36 months, failed to report an accident or left the scene of an accident.
- The renter driver has never owned a stolen vehicle or used a vehicle in a crime.
- The renter driver has not, within the last 24 months, had 3 or more sentences for moving violations (including seat belt violations).
- The renter driver has not, within the last 36 months, had 3 or more accidents.
Car Rental at San Francisco Airport is one of the easiest ways to begin your American trip, but if you’re trying to search through multiple websites to find the best rental deal, booking isn’t always an easy process. Airport Rentals cuts out all that hassle and offers you all the best deals and exclusive offers from a wide array of American car rental companies in one easy-to-search place. Find out more about Enterprise here